Food to eat after snake bite is an important issue that everyone must know, especially those who can often be bitten by snakes. Knowing what to eat and drink after being bitten by a snake will be very beneficial for the treatment of snakebites. In this blog, yeusnaker will provide the foods you should eat and avoid to limit the snake’s venom spreading to the body.
Snakes are carnivorous reptiles, and many of their species carry venom to aid in hunting. Typically, snakes don’t purposefully bite people; instead, they only strike out of fear or self-defense. The toxicity of a snake’s venom varies depending on the species.
Depending on the type of snake that bit them, their age and body size, the number and location of bites, and whether the snake bit them because it was hungry or full, the patient’s symptoms would vary. A snake has control over how much venom is administered to its target.
1. Plants that detoxify when bitten by snakes
Glochidion eriocarpum Champ
This plant’s fresh leaves are crushed, the drinking water squeezed out, and the residue applied to the wound to treat deadly snake bites. You can also use the pointed leaves to collect water for washing if you have a paint allergy. Foam is also used to treat edema, bacillus dysentery, and diarrhea.
Melastoma D. Don
By drinking 60-100g of the leaves or roots of this plant, cassava toxicity is frequently treated. People in our nation also utilize dwarf trees to detoxify cassava and treat venomous snake bites by taking the roots, breaking them with boiling water, or making a decoction to drink.
Vigna radiata (L) Wilezek
They have a diuretic, pleasant, and cool impact that clears heat. You can detox by chewing on 1-2 handfuls of raw seeds while drinking lots of water, or you can take 100g of green beans, wash them, and ground them up raw before consuming. If only the seed shells are fine, you can take the whole seeds and cook them.
Otherwise, take the water and drink it. To make a beverage, combine cold water and green bean paste. In all circumstances, particularly when consumed with cassava and mushroom poisoning, green beans are utilized to detoxify.
Scoparia Dulcis L
Using 100g of freshly harvested, washed, and sharp plants as a beverage, licorice has a sweet flavor, chilly qualities, and a cooling effect. It also has medicinal uses for treating colds, fevers, intoxication, and mushroom poisoning.
Centella asiatica (L.) Urb
Gotu kola has a sweet flavor, cooling effects, and a diuretic and effect on eliminating heat. It also detoxifies and cools the liver. Take the entire cassava plant, wash it, pound it, combine it with warm water, then decant it and drink it to detoxify the leaves or get intoxicated with it.
The same procedure can be used to treat mushroom poisoning, or you can take 160g of centella asiatica and make it sharp with 80g of alum sugar before drinking water, or you can take 160g of centella asiatica and 400g of fresh radish before washing, pounding, and squeezing them together before drinking.
2. Consider what food to eat after snake bite
- Avoid eating spicy meals since they can irritate the snake bite wound and make it red and swollen.
- Pick foods that are cool, cool, and help the body to get clean.
- People who have been bitten by snakes also tend to avoid strenuous activity, thus when eating, family members should feed the snake bite victim.
3. The best food to eat after snake bite
Drink tapioca water
Tapioca, also known as sand root, leaves, blossoms, roots, and tapioca starch, is frequently used to detoxify by: Taking fresh tapioca root, pounded, squeeze out drinking water, or dried sharp tubers acquire drinking water Alternately, make a drink by combining tapioca flour with water and sugar. Alternatively, fresh cassava leaves are cleaned, crushed, and squeezed to make water to cure poisonous snake bites.
Jute vegetable soup
It is frequently included in the family tray of rice and is not just a tasty and affordable vegetable. Vegetables made of jute are also very healthy. Experts claim that because of their cool, sweet flavor and meridian-boosting characteristics, jute vegetables have been used in Oriental medical texts to promote laxative, passion fruit, and meridian effects.
As a result, jute vegetable soup is excellent for those who have been bitten by snakes. Crushed jute leaves combined with other herbs can be used as first aid in the event of a snake bite. Jute vegetable soup is a highly beneficial dish for those who have been bitten by snakes, it can be mentioned.
Drink prickly pear tea
It has the ability to detoxify and remove heat, making passion fruit an excellent medication. can be used to treat conditions like hepatitis, cirrhosis, and alcoholism… For this reason, prickly pear tea is safe for those who have been bitten by snakes. Or, put crushed leaves and roots to a snake bite wound. Not everybody is aware of this helpful cure.
4. What not to do when bitten by a snake
- Utilize a fixed pressure bandage only, and refrain from gagging the bite region.
- No cutting was made, and no venom was sucked out.
- Since even dead snakes can bite, never catch or kill them.
- Because the venom spreads more quickly when you consume alcohol or caffeine, avoid doing so.
- Use of chemicals, hot and cold compresses, and ointments is not advised.
- A first aid procedure that would postpone medical treatment should not be attempted.
- There is no waiting. Make a quick call to an emergency room if you are unsure whether the snake is healthy.
5. How to limit the release of toxins
- Remove your clothing and valuables to avoid potential swelling.
- Remind the victim to remain calm since fear causes the heart to beat more quickly and the venom to spread more quickly.
- Bite with the lower teeth than the heart
- Move slowly and with as little movement as possible.
- Apply a clean, dry bandage to the bite location to clean and disinfect it.
6. Prevention of snake bites
- Do not approach trash, termite nests, mounds of debris, or areas where animals are kept.
- Snakes need must be avoided at night, during harvest, and after heavy rains and flooding.
- Never lay down on the ground to sleep. Before you sit or lie down, pay close attention.
- You should wear high boots, long pants, and lights at night.
- Wear a wide-brimmed hat while entering a forest in an area with a lot of grass.
- Check the housing frequently for snakes. Avoid structures that resemble snakes (such as thatched roofs, walls made of straw, mud with many holes, floors with many cracks, etc.).
- Use a pole with hooks to hoist the snake up and then gently grab its body to catch it. Avoid letting the snake’s mouth make contact with the body.
- Including dead snakes or heads that have been severed, avoid playing with or touching a snake’s mouth.
Snakes are very dangerous reptiles, you need to be careful when meeting them. Follow our snakebite prevention and treatment tips. Most importantly, we also offer food to eat after snake bite. You should consult to know these good things before another bad thing happens. Hope the article is useful to you!